The BuzzRack Buzzybee Bike Rack will allow you to take your bikes on a serious adventure. This bike rack has a rubber pad to secure the bike and will not apply pressure to the carbon tubes, so it is safe to transport your expensive carbon bikes on this bike rack. This well priced rack will keep your bikes safe and secure during transport and is compact to store. Please note that this model does not give you access to your trunk.
- The BUZZYBEE 4 is very compact and light for a 4 bike carrier with a weight of 15.5kg!
- Very compact geometry but fits most bike sizes!
- Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, BUZZYBEE 4 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 8 screws, assemble the light support with 2 more screws, install the license plate, slide in the plastic wheel supports, fit the rack to the tow ball with no tools needed and you are ready to go!
- Fitting to the car: When you first place the BUZZYBEE 4 on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening knob until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The video below shows the fitting to the car and the installation of bikes.
- Lighting system: The BUZZYBEE 4 comes with a 7 pin lighting system. 7 pin to 13 pin adapter is not included but can be purchased as an option. (3 function 7 pin flat plug for AUS/NZ)
- The wheel holders will accommodate most wheelbases, even small children’s bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes. See technical data below
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The BUZZYBEE 4 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber bike frame pads and high resistance straps hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg, with no bike weighing more than 20kg
- The down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls, even to the bolt-on tow balls we see occasionally that do not meet standards for neck length or ball diameter.
- A reminder that it locks to the tow ball.
- The BUZZYBEE 4 sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions: 88cm wide x 91cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight: 15.5kg
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- Not suitable for trailers, campers, or RVs