The GU Energy Chews are packed with energy-dense calories and contain carbohydrates (maltodextrin and fructose). They will meet the demands of any type of vigorous and/or endurance activity. No one enjoys that feeling of 'bonking' (hitting a wall) when you are halfway through your ride. Sometimes to avoid this happening, you need compact, easily digestible carbs that you can take as soon as you feel that lull in energy. To prevent any stomach upsets, they are made using non-competing pathways to maximise absorption. The Chews take effect quickly and that energy kick will stay with you for the duration of your ride. The packets are compact, light, easy to carry and easy to access. They are also super tasty with delicious flavours.
GU Energy Chews are packed with energy, containing electrolytes and amino acids. Stay strong and full of energy on every ride. The Chews have similar nutrients to the original Gu Energy Gels, so they deliver a similar energy spike. Each packet contains chewable, bite-sized pieces.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Carbohydrates (maltodextrin and fructose) that use non-competing pathways that can help maximize absorption, increase carbohydrate utilization, and diminish stomach distress, for energy that kicks in quickly and stays with you
- Sodium, the primary electrolyte lost in sweat that aids in hydration by maintaining fluid balance
- Branched-chain amino acids (L-Leucine, L-Valine, and L-Isoleucine) which may reduce mental fatigue and decrease muscle damage while jump-starting recovery
- May reduce mental fatigue and help decrease muscle damage during exercise
- Delivers ready-to-use energy for athletes and can delay bonking by sparing glycogen stores
*Helps enhance performance by increasing focus and concentration while training or racing
* Some flavors with caffeine, some flavors without added caffeine
Should I use GU Energy Chews instead of GU Energy Gel?
While the consistency of an Energy Gel is designed to be absorbed as efficiently as possible, we’ve created GU Energy Chews just in case you want to sink your teeth into something else. Chews contain all the benefits of GU Energy Gel, just in a chewable form.
Do GU Energy Chews have caffeine?
Strawberry has 20mg of caffeine per serving, while Blueberry Pomegranate, Orange, and Watermelon are caffeine free.
How do you eat GU Energy Chews?
GU Energy Chews have a perforated strip at the top that allows you to squeeze out one Chew at a time. Remember, four Chews equal one serving.
How many packets of GU Energy Chews do I need?
A packet of Chews has two servings, so we recommend eating one serving every 45 minutes. That said, everyone is different, and we encourage you to experiment with what works best for you. Remember to hydrate along the way!
How long do GU Energy Chews take to work?
Since Chews are semi-solid it will take a little longer for your body to feel the effects than an Energy Gel. It also depends on what you’ve eaten before and on the contents of your digestive tract. On an empty stomach, the nutritional benefit of Chews can hit your bloodstream in as little as 10-15 minutes.
Are Chews safe for children?
Chews are safe for children to eat, but remember that the Strawberry flavor contains caffeine.
Are Chews gluten free?
Yes, Chews are gluten-free and and vegan-friendly!