The SIS Beta Fuel Gels will provide endurance athletes with the boost they need when competing in events that are longer than 2 hours. The optimised 1:0.8 ratio of 40 grams of carbs will give an enhanced output. The gels are easily digestible as they increase the body's carbohydrate usage efficiency, limiting gastro discomfort so that the scientifically superior fuel is delivered quickly and efficiently to the body right when you need it. The Science in Sport Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel delivers an optimised 40g of carbohydrate in a single, convenient fuelling solution with minimal risk of GI discomfort that enables you to maintain optimal performance.
New 1:0.8 Ratio Replaces 2:1 Ratio
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose increases the percentage of ingested carbohydrate that is oxidized (known as efficiency) from 62% to 74% when compared with a ratio of 2:1
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose reduces self-reported symptoms of stomach fullness when compared with a ratio of 2:1
The Science Behind The Beta Fuel Has Evolved
Through our Performance Solutions team, we have worked closely with elite athletes in the research and development of the new Beta Fuel range to bring you a scientifically superior fuel in a range of formats that allow you to use +17% more carbohydrate (Oâ€™Brien et al, 2013).
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances exogenous CHO oxidation compared with 2:1 ratio by 17% (Oâ€™Brien et al) and 10% (Oâ€™Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances mean power output during 10 maximal sprint efforts by 3% compared with 2:1 ratio (Oâ€™Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 increases % of ingested CHO that was oxidised (efficiency) from 62% (2:1) to 74% (1:0.8) (Oâ€™Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 reduces symptoms of stomach fullness and nausea when compared with a ratio of 2:1 (Oâ€™Brien et al)
How And When To Use Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel
Each gel contains 40 grams of carbohydrate. Depending on your sport or event, you should aim to consume 1-3 gels every hour during exertion to reach an 80g-120g target intake. In some circumstances, such as cold weather, it may be necessary to consume more. Simply tear off the top of the packaging and squeeze the contents into your mouth as and when required.
- Consume directly from packaging
- Combine with other energy supplements from the Beta Fuel range to achieve hourly 80-120g carbohydrate intake.